934 Fifth Ave Coraopolis, PA 15108 US | Contact : (412) 264-3018 |
Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM | Saturday 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM | Sunday Closed


Boat Registration and Licenses in Pennsylvania

All boats in PA must be registered with the Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC).
On this page, you’ll find all the information you need about boat registration, renewals, and applying for a duplicate boat registration card.
Boats You Must Register in PA
In Pennsylvania, you must register any motorized boat. Exemptions from this rule include:
U.S. government-owned ships.
Foreign boats temporarily in Pennsylvania.
Search and rescue boats.
Documented boats used for non-recreational purposes.
What Not to Register
Non-motorized kayaks.
Non-motorized sculls.
Non-motorized sailboards.
Non-motorized rowboats.
NOTE: Non-motorized boats must be registered if used at a Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) lake or area, or at a Pennsylvania State Park lake.
Boats You Must Title in PA
Any boat powered by an inboard motor that has a model year of 1997 or newer.
Any boat powered by an outboard motor that is 14 ft.
Any boat with a Pennsylvania title when purchased.
Any boat used primarily in Pennsylvania, even though it’s titled in another state